Child Selection Process
Dreams Take Flight Ottawa uses specific criteria to choose special needs children from various selected agencies. In order to participate, the child must:
- Be between the ages of 7 – 13.
- Be a Canadian citizen – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Financially, the child or family would not have the opportunity to travel at this time or in the past 12 months.
- Be able to legally enter the United States.
- Be medically, mentally, physically, socially or emotionally challenged.
- Have never been to a Disney or like theme park.
- Be able to communicate orally or in sign language.
- Be able to function in a group situation and be able to endure an extremely long day.
- Attend the mandatory Orientation Meeting before the Day of Flight.
- Parents of the child(ren) are NOT employees of Air Canada.
Are you an Agency or Organization that would like to nominate chidren?
We strive to take agencies or organizations with a variety of mandates.
Dreams Take Flight Ottawa considers any agency or organization that provides community resources or support to mentally, physically or socially disadvantaged children that may be eligible to nominate children for our flight.
We can only accept Agency applications from February 7th to 28th, 2018.
Application Deadline is at NOON on February 28 2018.
Forms cannot be carried over from one year to the next. If a child is not selected, a new application must be submitted the following year.
Click here for Agency Applications