Dreams Take Flight Ottawa uses specific criteria to choose special needs children from various selected agencies. In order to participate, the child must:
- Be between the ages of 6 – 12.
- Financially not have the opportunity to ever experience Disneyland / Disney World.
- Be a Canadian citizen.
- Be able to legally enter the United States.
- Be medically, mentally, physically, socially or emotionally challenged.
- Have never been to a Disney Theme Park.
- Be able to communicate orally or in sign language.
- Be able to function in a group situation and be able to endure an extremely long day.
- Attend the mandatory Orientation Meeting before the Day of Flight.
- Forms will not be carried over from one year to the next. If a child is not selected, a new application must be submitted the following year.